Monday, April 29, 2013

Give Us Each Day Our Daily Bread

Father, hallowed by your name, your kingdom come. Give us each day our daily bread…
The third petition of the Lord's Prayer is about our daily needs. God loves you and cares for you (1 Peter 5:7). He wants to be asked for daily help for your daily needs.

Whether you feel the need of daily bread or not, consider praying in this way: 
  • God, thank you for my refrigerator, for my grocery store, for my cookbooks and for my microwave. 
  • I trust you, not my job, for my provision and security. 
  • Don’t ever let me think I have no needs! 
  • Keep me content with what I have and with what I don’t have (Phil. 4:11-12)! 
  • Guard my heart from loving money or a savings account or anything else that would keep me from trusting You. 
  • Give me what I need, not more or less (Prov. 30:8-9). 
  • More important to me than food is the success of your kingdom (Luke 12:31).

No comments: