Friday, November 02, 2007

Steven Curtis Chapman Concert

The Reavely family was privileged to go to the Steven Curtis Chapman concert Thursday night at Rolling Hills. All of us got to go because Taylor worked set-up and tear-down.

It was a real encouragement. I have enjoyed his music since I was a youth pastor when I received his first album in a subscription program.

It was fun for me to be there with my children when he had two of his boys on stage with him. As many of you know he has a passion for adoption and has adopted three children of his own.

He sang one song about his daughters called "Cinderella" that made our whole family cry. The point of the song was that he only had a little while with his girls until they were grown.
I was holding Layne on my lap and she had her Cinderella sweatshirt on. It was a little too much for me.

Bethany Dillon and Sanctus Real opened for him and we enjoyed them, too.

1 comment:

Lori Elliott said...

Luckies! I love Steven Curtis-Chapman. What a great concert to go to with the whole family. I've been to a couple of his concerts and it is more like a worship festival than a concert. Thanks for sharing the pictures and glad you were all able to go and worship and be blessed!

Lori