Thursday, September 15, 2005

New Life Servants

Montgomerys serve New Life Church, Thanks! Bob and Barbara Montgomery have been serving at New Life Church for hundreds of years. They've always been behind the scenes working in the kitchen (pictured here), making coffee, folding bulletins, going on mission trips, working at coffee cart, stuffing bulletin inserts at the last minute and a hundred of other impromptu opportunities.

Bob and Barbara were the first to sign up as launch team members for the New Life Robinwood. They came to me the week after we decided to start another church and said, "We don't know where it will be, but we can help by being janitors at the new church."

Bob and Barbara can be found in the kitchens now of two church buildings. They now fold bulletins for both congregations. They will frequently do some act of service like coffee cart at NLC Riverfalls and then head down to NLC Robinwood for more. Their unselfish service to the Lord and to both congregations is a beautiful thing. I'm sure the Lord will remember it. (Hebrews 6:10 -- God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.)

Bob and Barbara, thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For years now I have walked into church early on Sunday mornings and been greeted by both Barbara and Bob. I have missed them so much these last few weeks. I find myself looking down the hall toward the coffee pot or to the table where the bulletins are, but they are not there. I will miss their warm greeting each week. Thank you Bob and Barbara for all of your love for me for so many years. I love you both and look forward to seeing you around! Molly Hanson